Critical Past Archive
- Historic footage collection comprising one of the largest vintage stock archives in the world.
- Footage of events, people, and time & place “B-roll” spanning the 20th century.
- Nearly 58,000 broadcast quality clips, fully digitized and searchable.
- Drawn largely from U.S. government sources, but subject matter is worldwide, not just “Americana.” Huge number of military and war clips, plus propaganda and educational films from many countries.
- Growing archive with more clips added every month
Specialities: World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, Worldwide Political Figures, Industrialization, Culture,Civil Rights, Transportation, Aviation, Space, Worldwide major cities.
How we do business:
•License royalty-free, worldwide, in perpetuity, for all media.
•Immediate downloads of HD masters and free screeners 24 hours a day, in your choice of codec and frame rate
•ProRes or XDCAM
•1080-24p, 25p, 30p, 50i, 60i
•Free full-resolution screeners ideal for quality evaluation and use in rough-cut edits…no surprises when you order masters.
Benefits: Everything digitized; searchable, and viewable; Excellent image quality; Download within one hour of order; 2 minute average clip duration; longer than industry average; Potential for multiple shots from a single clip; Largest digitized, searchable, ready-to-license WW2 collection in the world; Clip descriptions continuously enriched; Full-res screeners…no worries about what the master will look like; Payment via bank wire, credit card, or PayPal; Site available in English, Italian, French, German
Customers: More than 50% outside the U.S; Large and small studios, from theatrical to shorts; Broadcasters; Documentary film and TV producers; Television news; Advertisers; Museums; Digital publishing; Online Education; Gaming; Governments